Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ornamental Fish Exposition, Funabori, Tokyo

I'm far far behind on my posting.  However I'll start catching up today.  First off,  what crappy way to start the day, getting up at 4:00 am to watch the Hawks lose to the Wild.  But hell, it is a seven game series and there's no way the Hawks would win the cup without losing a game here and there.

While I have a chance to bitch about things, I'd like to talk about two things that piss me off about Blogger and the iPad mini.  First for the life of me, I cannot access the lower half of this draft post on my iPad mini, which really pisses me off.  Unlike Windows, there is no scroll function and my fingers won't allow me to edit what is below past the the first three or five pictures.  Damn you Apple.  Next, the Blogger app is terrible.  Look at the reviews it has.  My thinking is that the reason the app is so bad is that it is a screw you to Apple from Google since Google owns Blogger.   Come on now, no rich text function for blogging?  One of Blogger's draws is easy blogging, and the app is anything but that.  I wouldn't really be so bothered by this; I'm probably just really pissed off because the Hawks lost and I've been up since 4:00 am.  Still, free is free so I shouldn't complain about Blogger or the app.  But I still had to go home and finish this on the home computer.  A pretty crappy or in this case, carp-py situation.  Drum roll please....

Back to the fish show, it was located at Funabori which is not far from Funabashi.  Funabori is still in Tokyo rather than Chiba though.  The station was adorned with goldfish artwork like the mural below so there must be some relationship between Funabori and goldfish.

There were no fish for sale here as it was just a fish show like a dog show where breeders competed in various categories like discus, goldfish, etc.  Below is a huge goldfish that we saw.  We didn't stay around to see the winners though..
Here are some goldfish waiting to be judged.
Two huge discus.
Here are some more discus. Being a discus lover myself, this made me miss my beloved discus and 55 gallon tank that I left behind in the U.S.  Some lucky guy has my babies now.

Here are some guppies.  Yep they get the competition love too.   I really could not tell the guppies from each other.  I wonder what the judging criteria for these guys were.

Here is a beautiful sakura themed display, perfect for spring.
This is an aquarium diorama where Sylvania Families figures can enjoy aquatic life much like real people.
Neon tetra attack!!!
Here was a really fun part.  They had a lottery game and for each paid admission, we got a spin.
We ended up winning 2 goldfish, fish food, a filter cartridge and a whale tank decoration (the fish food and cartridge were gracious given to us by some nice folks who didn't want them).  We also won a calendar.
Here are our little friends.  The little ones named them Shiny and Flower.
All in all, it was a great time.  Thanks for reading my post and thank you for putting up with my ranting and raving.

No comments:

Post a Comment