Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Star Wars Exhibition (Teaser); Roppongi Hills; Tokyo

Golden Week!!! What is Golden Week?  Golden Week is a set of four holidays that occur at the end of April/beginning of May.  With the exception of retail and service workers, the whole country has a lengthy holiday.  It is crowded almost everywhere!  This year we had Wednesday of last week and Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off of this week off.

There is a Star Wars exhibition in the building my office is located in.  I didn't see the exhibition yet, but I am planning to see it at a less crowded time.  My wife's friend reported that there was a six-hour wait to see the Star Wars gallery during this week.   Even without going up to see the exhibition, there are free Star Wars displays throughout my building.  The displays are pretty much throughout the shopping mall area of the building.  I'll share some pictures of them with you. 

The exhibition runs from April 29 to June 26, 2015.
Here's another sign.
  
Stormtrooper helmet art display
Watermelon helmet
Cake helmet
Kabuki helmet
Spider helmet
Fancy helmet
Life-size Lego Darth Vader and Jango Fett near the Lego store.
Action figure display near one of the card shops.
My man, Boba Fett.
Boba Sr., Jango Fett
 I'll blog about the exhibition when I finally have the time to go up.  Have a good week!

5 comments:

  1. Think I sold like 150 of them in 2004 on eBay for like 180 dollars. They'll probably be worth like double that after the new SW movie is released in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah but you got Avengers 2 last weekend. We need to wait until July 4th here. Same terrible delay with Jurassic Park. At least Star Wars has the same release date in December...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that watermelon helmet!

    ReplyDelete